The Test Manager is responsible to manage the test team by creating plans and assigning tasks and test cases to the most appropriate person. In this role we expect professional leadership and ownership of the test team performance.
Scope of testing includes but is not limited to internal tools, Omixon’s server-client and standalone Java applications, including several editions, versions and optional modules of each. The applications are used in a clinical setting to help improve the outcomes of bone marrow and organ transplantation.
Tasks include keeping an eye on the industrial trends and methods to find the best applicable method for testing, planning test cycles (working closely with the Technical Leader and Project Manager), performing functional testing of the product by authoring, maintaining and manually executing test suites and test cases. Works in close contact with the research and development team to provide them with internal feedback on company products.
The Test Manager has to ensure that the test team is an expert in the functionality of the product, and as such may occasionally also aid the support team in investigating and reproducing customer issues. The Test team may also be asked to demonstrate the function of the product internally for training purposes.
- Management of software test life cycle and quality management.
- Understand the domain, understand our products and take ownership over their quality.
- Work closely and collaborate with other Omixon teams including Research, Product Management and Quality
- Execute and maintain regression and functional test plans, test suites and test cases for all Omixon software in the test management system.
- Take part in testing Omixon software (manual and automated testing).
- Provide feedback about company products to the development team.
- Train and coach peers in using developed test techniques, tools and concepts.
- Serve as technical referent in the project team or department on complex software testing matters
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience about STLC
- Experience in creating test strategies and test plans
- Knowledge about Agile methodologies and has an understanding about how QA fits into it
- Knows and can put into practice functional and non-functional testing techniques
- Experience in test automation
- ISTQB Certificate or equivalent
- High level business analysis and application design knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in test management
- Strong and confident IT knowledge
- Programming and/or scripting experience
- Fluent English
- Problem solving skills and an investigative mind-set
- Decision making skills, ability to work/prioritize independently
- Leading others & decision making
Advantageous Skills, Qualifications
- Degree in Technology/Biology/Informatics/Bioinformatics
- Comfortable with NGS analysis software programs
- Knowledge in genetics or biology
We are Waiting for You to
- Be passionate about innovation and will work for a good purpose
- Deal with problems that require different kind of thinking and development opportunities are never-ending
- Be part of a young and creative team
- Be motivated by a multilingual environment
- Be interested in contributing to international projects
What we will provide you
- Modern office and environment
- Challenging and innovative work
- Flexible working hours
- We care for your work/life balance
- Competitive salary
- Company events
Start Date: ASAP
Type of Position: Contractor status preferred
Base Location: H-1117 Budapest, Fehérvári út 50-52
Please send your CV with your salary expectations.