We are looking for a Test Engineer who is responsible for testing Omixon’s server-client and standalone Java applications, including several editions, versions and optional modules of each. The applications are used in a clinical setting to help improve the outcomes of bone marrow and organ transplantation.
The tasks include planning test cycles (working closely with the Technical Leader and Project Manager), performing functional testing of the product by authoring, maintaining and manually executing test suites and test cases. The Test Engineer works in close contact with the Research and Development Team to provide them with internal feedback on company products.
The Test Engineer is expected to become an expert in the functional aspects of the product, and as such may occasionally also aid the support team in investigating and reproducing customer issues. The Test Engineer may also be asked to demonstrate the function of the product internally for training purposes.
- Execute and maintain regression and functional test plans, test suites and test cases for all Omixon software inthe test management system
- Administer test case results
- Perform manual testing of all Omixon software
- Provide feedback about company products to the development team
- Work closely and collaborate with the other Omixon teams including Research, Product Management and Quality
- Self-motivated, works well under minimal supervision
- Driven to continuous improvement
- Strong and confident IT knowledge
- Experience working with Windows/Linux
- Attention to detail and precision are a must have, as are problem solving skills and an investigative mind-set
- Decision making skills, ability to work/prioritize independently
- High energy level; positive attitude; works well under stress
- Spoken and written English is a strong requirement
Required qualifications (education, experience and skills)
- Degree in Technology/Biology/Informatics/Bioinformatics
- Demonstrable experience with testing
- ISTQB Certificate
- Comfortable with NGS analysis software programs
- Knowledge in genetics or biology, willingness to study domain knowledge
- Some programming and/or scripting experience
What We Offer
We offer challenging and innovative work with a lot of hands-on learning in the rapidly growing industry of genomics with flexible working time and in a startup ~45 people worldwide.
Start Date: ASAP
Type of Position: Contractor status preferred
Base Location: H-1117 Budapest, Fehérvári út 50-52
Please send your CV with your salary expectations.