Technical Support Engineer (Full-time Afternoon / Evening Shift)
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer, who is primarily responsible for technical and IT triage level support of Omixon’s software products in the North, Central and South American markets. Secondarily, for candidates with expertise or willingness to learn molecular biology, genomics or similar (all considered advantageous for the role), this role may be extended to cover data analysis & interpretation of results from Omixon’s products.
His or her tasks include providing technical support to clients in their requests within 48 hours by investigating and reproducing and resolving customer issues. Possessing strong and confident communication skills with outstanding customer-oriented mindset. Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
The Technical Support Engineer is participating in running tests in Omixon’s server-client and standalone Java applications, including several editions, versions and optional modules of each.
The Technical Support Engineer may also be asked to demonstrate the function of the product internally for training purposes.
- Triage level response to all Americas-based technical support questions within 48 hours
- Problem Solving/Troubleshooting guide creation
- Log Support Cases with Jira and other internal systems
- Work as part of the Global Omixon Support Team
- Work closely and collaborate with the other Omixon teams including Quality Management Team, Research & Development Team, including product testing
- Assist with Workshops, on-site installation
- Additional duties as required
- Self-motivated, works well under minimal supervision;
- Driven to continuous improvement;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Committed to quality results;
- Quick learner, interested in bioinformatics/biology/genetics;
- Confident strong communicator
Required Qualifications (education, experience and skills)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT and/or Bio-IT field (molecular biology, genomics or similar will be advantageous)
- 1+ years in a Technical Support role at a company with a scientific focus
- Advanced English knowledge
- Experience with networking and command line tools
- Technical/analytical mindset – strong troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable with NGS analysis software programs
- Knowledge in genetics or biology
We Are Waiting For You To
- be passionate about innovation and will work for a good purpose
- deal with problems that require different kind of thinking and development opportunities are never-ending
- make experiments
- be part of a young and creative team
- be motivated by a multilingual environment
- be interested in contributing to international projects
What We Will Provide You
- Modern office and environment
- Challenging and innovative work
- Home office possibility
- We care for your work/life balance
- Competitive salary
- Company events
Start Date: ASAP
Type of Position: Full time
Base Location: H-1117 Budapest, Fehérvári út 50-52.
Please send your CV with your salary expectations.