We are searching for a Scientist Assay Development to join its high performing Assay team and help to take its client-focused services to new heights. Our new Scientist is responsible for planning, designing, executing and documenting experiments in-house as well as in the field at customer sites. The responsibilities will center around a brand-new product family including but not limited to SARS-Cov2 (COVID-19) testing.
This position is part of the Assay team of Omixon and the person in this role reports to the Head of Assay.
- Partners with R&D and Field Application Scientists (FAS) to support the AzureSeq product family
- Designs, executes and reports development tasks upon assignment
- Handling of pipetting robots, NGS sequencing systems and other devices
- Summarizes data and analyses results, formulates conclusions
- Maintains assay product and liquid handler automation documentation
- Manages day to day laboratory activities
- Assists in preparation of research material for reports or publication
- Keeps track of latest scientific and technological achievements in relevant areas
- Works compliant to ISO 13485 Quality Management System; follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Works according to the Omixon IT security policy description
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong background in molecular biology and genetics
- 5 years’ experience with quantitative real-time PCR
- 3-5 years’ experience in a clinical environment
- Experience in automation is a plus
- Experience in statistics is a plus
- Precise task execution and documentation
- Team player, but can work individually
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Willingness to travel and provide on-site support
What We Can Offer You:
- Challenging and innovative work
- Welcoming, easy-going team spirit
- Flexible working hours
- We care for your work/life balance
- Competitive salary
- Sport card
- Company events, regular team-building activities
Start Date: ASAP
Type of Position: Full time
Base Location:1038 Budapest, Papírgyári utca 58-59.
Sounds just like you?
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please send us your CV in English with your Gross salary expectations and possible start date.