Laboratory Technician, HU
The Lab Tech (LT) is part of the laboratory team of Omixon. This role is responsible for a variety of laboratory procedures. LT will be working in a laboratory environment handling sensitive equipment to assist research and developmental tasks as well as standard protocols for Quality Control procedures. The goal is to produce reliable and reproducible experimental results that can be used to make a difference. The person in this role reports to the Head of Department and complies to the instructions of responsible senior colleagues in dedicated project teams.
- Performs standard (molecular biology) laboratory tasks
- Handles small volumes accurately (pipetting, sample handling)
- Understands and consistently follows documented procedures (SOPs)
- Records all data and results accurately
- Executes standard Quality Control procedures, make observations and reports
- Executes and reports development / manufacturing tasks upon assignment
- Handles pipetting robots, NGS sequencing systems and other devices
- Organize and store all chemicals substances according to safety instructions
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Works compliant to ISO 13485 Quality Management System
- Proven experience in laboratory environment
- Precise, accurate (in laboratory work and in documentation)
- Basic English communication skills (written skill essential)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and database systems
- Experience in Quality Management Systems (e.g. ISO 13485) is a pro
- Team player, but can work independently
- Can tolerate a dynamic, challenging environment
- Education: vocational school (specialized in chemistry or similar field) or BSc in Life Sciences
What We Offer
- Challenging and innovative work opportunity to grow
- Modern office and environment
- Friendly and supportive team members
- Competitive salary
Start Date: ASAP
Type of Position: Full time
Base Location: Budapest XI, Kaposvár u. 14-18.
Our company culture builds connections, careers and employees grow by creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, integrity and transparency.
Sounds just like you?
Please send us your CV in English with your Gross salary expectations and possible start date.