Junior Scientist, HU
One of the most perilous medical interventions of our day are organ and bone marrow transplants.
Omixon Biocomputing Ltd supports the transplant market participants – such as hospitals, research institutes and universities – with HLA Twin™ and HLA Explore™ software products to support pre-transplantation diagnostics.
HLA Twin™ is a clinical decision support software used before transplant surgery. It is capable of extracting HLA genes from a patient’s DNA and determine the characteristics of these genes thus improving the success of transplantation.
Our other product, HLA Explore™ is a similar software used by HLA Research Laboratories, which allowing the implementation of analytical studies to make the subject even more discovered, therefore contributing to the development of transplant diagnostics.
Our fast-growing organization is seeking candidates for the position of Junior Scientist. As part of the Software Research team, the Junior Scientist will work in close collaboration with the Assay and Software Development teams. The Software Research team participates in almost every step of the product lifecycle from methodological research, to specification, verification, and validation of the products. The team also serves as a knowledge tank and internal support team for other departments.
Your responsibilities in this position are
- Data analysis: analyzing NGS data using Omixon’s software, in-house, and open access tools
- Validation: participating in the validation of assay and software products
- Work closely and collaborate with the other Omixon teams including Software Development, Assay R&D, Product Management, Technical Support, and Quality
- Strong genetics background
- Precise task execution and documentation
- Experience in using bioinformatics tools and databases
- Basic scripting knowledge
- Problem-solving skills and an investigative mindset
- Team player
- Driven to continuous improvement
Required qualifications (education, experience, and skills)
- BSc or MSc in biology, biotechnology or related fields
- Fluent in English (both oral and written)
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing data analysis
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system and related tools
What we will provide you
- Modern office and environment
- Challenging and innovative work
- Flexible working hours
- We care for your work / life balance
- Competitive salary
- Company events
Start Date: ASAP
Type of Position: Full time
Base Location: H-1117 Budapest, Fehérvári út 50-52
Sounds just like you?
Please send us your CV in English with your salary expectations and possible start date.