The Head of Laboratory Operations is formally heading the Assay R&D department of Omixon. In this role you are expected to manage approximately 5-9 people dedicated to routine quality control procedures and research and development for existing and new products.
You will be act as the manager of the laboratory department that includes duties like reporting to management, controlling, resource planning and monitoring, hiring, performance reviews and trainings.
The scientific responsibilities are conducted by dedicated senior scientific personnel (Technical Lead, Senior Scientist) but in this position you are expected to work together closely with the assigned experts to ensure that all QC and R&D tasks are completed on time.
In addition to these activities, you will actively support assay-related regulatory activities, such as audits of external assay manufacturing and QC partners. You will be responsible for managing the technology transfer between the external assay development partners and assay development team of Omixon.
- Laboratory Management
- Project planning (short- and long-term) with the assistance of senior technical personnel of the team
- Monitor the design, development, verification and validation of assay(s)
- Provide work assignments to direct reports on a regular basis
- Review and approve the work performed by team members
- Ensure work is done compliant according to internal ISO procedures.
- Regular status reporting about development project(s)
- Proactive, solution-oriented project management
- Coordinate Quality Control of manufactured kit components (Manufacturing Support)
- Ensure TAT-R for Quality Control processes
- Management of the department
- Reporting to line management
- Budget control, invoice approval
- Act as an owner of Assay R&D and QC related procedures
- People management responsibility for direct reports
- General Assignments
- Maintains medical laboratory equipment performance (e.g. Quality Standards; Troubleshooting; Staff Training)
- Maintains medical laboratory supplies and stock
- Selection and maintenance of proper lab management IT system
- Act as the owner of the lab management IT system
- Contribution to Quality Management and Regulatory
- Ensures that the activities follow the regulatory procedures
- Ensures that non-conformities are actively managed and corrected
- Driven to continuous improvement
- Self-motivated, works well under minimal supervision
- High energy level; positive attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Committed to quality results
- Quick learner, interested in bioinformatics/biology/genetics
- Attention to details is important
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Expertise in conflict resolution
- Able to tolerate stress
- Able to lead and inspire teams, and set clear priorities
- Confident strong communicator – an ability to communicate precisely
- Fluent English
- Experience in people management
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent
- Theoretical project management knowledge (formal PMP or equivalent qualification is a plus)
- Experience in risk management and change management
- Work under ISO quality system (working under IVD ISO is a plus)
What We Will Provide You
- Challenging and innovative work
- Modern office and environment
- Welcoming, easy-going team spirit
- Flexible working hours
- We care for your work/life balance
- Competitive salary
- Sport card
- Company events, regular team-building activities
Start Date: ASAP
Type of Position: Full time
Base Location: H-1117 Budapest, Fehérvári út 50-52.
Sounds just like you?
Please send your CV with your gross salary expectations.