Field Application Scientist, (US)
The Field Application Scientist (FAS), reporting directly to the Head of Field Application Scientist is primarily responsible for providing pre- and post-sales on-site technical training and support for Omixon’s HLA (Human Leukocyte Antigen) products in the East American market. Knowledge of HLA and/or NGS is required, while IT and software development practices are considered advantageous.
Location: Anywhere near major airport (East Coast – Central US Preferred), with up to 60% travel as required
- Provide post-sales on-site technical training and support for Omixon products
- Provide technical support to Omixon’s customers across all product lines by responding to technical inquiries that are received via telephone, email, fax, web, mail, or in-person
- Deliver pre-sales presentations and technical consultations with an Omixon sales Representative
- Understanding & communicating primary sales and marketing messages/benefits and USPs for all products
- Company expert on Omixon products Holotype laboratory process and HLA laboratory process
- Market expert on HLA, genomics, NGS and related software and laboratory technologies
- Work closely and collaborate with the other Omixon teams including R&D, Product Management, and Quality
- Deliver presentations, host training sessions, and conduct webinars on Omixon’s HLA products
- Record and report customer feedback to the R&D and product management
- Attend key HLA conferences in the region to represent Omixon
- Prepare white-papers, case studies, presentations or contribute to other marketing collateral as required
- Additional duties as required
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Works according to the Omixon IT security policy description
-CHS or CHT in HLA with 3+ years equivalent clinical/research experience
-PhD or MSc with 3+ years equivalent clinical/research experience or B.Sc with 10+ years equivalent research experience in molecular biology, biotechnology, genomics or similar
- Knowledge of NGS technologies is highly advantageous (hands-on experience on both library preparation and sequencing, especially on the Illumina platforms, is a plus)
- Comfortable with NGS analysis software programs
- Confident strong communicator of scientific and technical information – an ability to communicate precisely and succinctly with leading experts in the field demonstrating scientific/technical expertise, both oral and written
- Self-motivated, works well under minimal supervision
- Driven to continuous improvement
- High energy level; enthusiastic; positive attitude; works well under stress
- Second language would be a plus ( e.g Spanish or Portuguese)
Start Date: ASAP
Our company culture builds connections, careers and employees grow by creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency.
Sounds just like you?
Please send us your CV in English with your Gross salary expectations and possible start date.