Field Application Scientist, (EMEA)
The Field Application Scientist (FAS), reporting directly to the Field Application Manager is primarily responsible for providing pre- and post-sales on-site technical training and support for Omixon’s HLA (Human Leukocyte Antigen) products in EMEA. Knowledge of HLA and/or NGS is required, while IT and software development practices are considered advantageous.
- Provide post-sales on-site technical training and support for Omixon Holotype HLA (Assay + Software)
- Provide technical support to Omixon’s customers across all product lines by responding to technical inquiries that are received via telephone, email, fax, web, mail, or in-person
- Deliver pre-sales presentations and technical consultations with an Omixon sales representative
- Understanding & communicating primary sales and marketing messages/benefits and USPs for all products
- Company expert on Omixon Holotype laboratory process and HLA laboratory process
- Market expert on HLA, genomics, NGS and related software and laboratory technologies
- Work closely and collaborate with the other Omixon teams including R&D, Product Management, and Quality
- Deliver presentations, host training sessions, and conduct webinars on Omixon’s HLA products
- Record and report customer feedback to the HLA business.
- Attend key HLA conferences in the region to represent Omixon
- Prepare white-papers, case studies, presentations or contribute to other marketing collateral as required
- Additional duties as required
- CHS or CHT in HLA with 3+ years equivalent clinical/research experience
- PhD or M.Sc with 3+ years equivalent clinical/research experience, or B.Sc with 10+ years equivalent research experience in molecular biology, biotechnology, genomics or similar
- Knowledge of NGS technologies is highly advantageous (hands-on experience on both library preparation and sequencing, especially on the Illumina platforms, is a plus)
- Comfortable with NGS analysis software programs
- Confident strong communicator of scientific and technical information – an ability to communicate precisely and succinctly with leading experts in the field demonstrating scientific/technical expertise, both oral and written
- Self-motivated, works well under minimal supervision
- Driven to continuous improvement.
- High energy level; enthusiastic; positive attitude; works well under stress
- Fluent in English, French or Russian would be a plus
- Training in Omixon’s products will be provided by a qualified FAS
- Collaboration with key stakeholders in Europe office, US Office and US Collaborators
- Successful conversion of HLA labs to NGS
- Customer satisfaction
- Global collaboration with team members over Hangouts Meet, etc.
- Weekly progress reporting
- Team player with a sound understanding of individual and team goals
- Familiarity with MS Office products, Gsuite, Google-Docs (‘nice to have’: JIRA, Salesforce)
- Monthly mobile phone (calls/texts/data) and computer
- Reviewed at least annually
Start Date: ASAP
Base Location: Anywhere near major airport with up to 60% travel as required
Our company culture builds connections, careers and employees grow by creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency.
Sounds just like you?
Please send us your CV in English with your Gross salary expectations and possible start date