Our mission is to improve transplant outcomes by transforming molecular biology innovations into state-of-the-art transplant diagnostic products that facilitate genetic testing solutions worldwide.
If it matters that you work for a company that does such a meaningful and valuable activity, join our BioIT team!
We are looking for both Junior and Senior colleagues!
- Data analysis: analyzing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data using Omixon’s software, in-house, and open access tools
- Validation: participating in the validation of assay and software products
- Work on research and product development projects in close collaboration with the other Omixon departments
For Senior colleagues:
- Lead specifically assigned Research and Development (R&D) tasks in cross-functional teams
Required Qualifications & Skills
- BSc or MSc in biology, biotechnology or related fields
- Fluent in English (both oral and written)
- Experience in using bioinformatics tools and databases
- Basic scripting knowledge
- Problem-solving skills and an investigative mindset, team player, driven to continuous improvement
For Senior colleagues:
- Experience in NGS data analysis and pipeline development
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., git) and concepts
- Knowledge of data processing and visualization (e.g., using R or Python)
- Strong knowledge of a scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system, terminal commands and tools (e.g., sed, grep, awk)
- Proven experience in leading research projects as a principal investigator, ability to present complex data to various audiences
- PhD in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology
- Experience in NGS-based assay design and long-read technologies (preferably ONT Nanopore)Experience with Docker and workflow languages
- Familiarity with ISO 13485, IVD-D or IVD-R
What we offer you
- Flexible working hours
- Home office work
- Performance-related annual bonus
- Cafeteria with optional elements (Gross 45.000. HUF per month)
- Free coffee and beverages
- Free parking
- Pleasant office and family atmosphere
- Challenging and innovative work
- We care for your work-life balance
- Company events
Start Date: ASAP
Type of Position: Full time
Base Location: H-1117 Budapest, Kaposvár utca 14-18.
Sounds just like you?
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career please send us your CV in English with your Gross salary expectations and possible start date.